Thursday, March 10, 2011

Google Reader - Missing New Folder button

The "New Folder" button in Google Reader is hard to find.  If you click the small down arrow next to a post it's there:
Sure, if you go to the bottom of the list, you could create a folder.

or if you go into manage subscriptions-> "add to folder" dropdown menu, it's there:
In subscriptions, you can create a folder, but it's buried in a dropdown.

but let's talk about where it's not.  It's not in Manage Subscriptions -> Folders and Tags, which is really confusing:
You can manage your folders, but you can't create one.


and it's not on the main Google Reader left hand task bar, where it really needs to be.  A small, "new folder" button, perhaps next to the "add a subscription" button:

This is the way it oughta be

So that was my complaint, but now I have to complain how Google failed to accept my feedback.  I started by joining the forums to comment on GoogleReader needing a new folder button, but it didn't seem like the right place.  I wasn't describing a bug, I was describing a new feature (or a missing feature), so I ended up in Google's Product Ideas, where I was sadly informed that my attempts to improve Google Reader were all for naught:


(which is just sad)

No comments:

Post a Comment