Sunday, March 20, 2011

Google Docs - missing tag, folder, label field

too many clicks
Ok great.  I've navigated the annoying pop down menu to create a new document (which could be a simple  one click "Create New Document" button).


I've renamed my document using the easy to type in (but tilt screen box popping) name field. 







Then I want to add a tag, folder, label to my document.  I want to do it in a field right next to Document Name (which shouldn't freak out and bring up a tilt screen, it should just let me type, like when I typed the title of this blog post) and I don't care if it's a tag, folder or label, I just want to type "blog post" or "thunt.net blog post" and let you deal with categorizing and saving it.  Let's leave this "filesystem paradigm" behind.  Let's easily tag documents!


These are my suggestions.  They seem very simple, but they will make the user experience smooth like butter.  Don't you want a user experience that's smooth like butter?  Oh I hear you out there, moaning in the audience, I'm lactose intolerant too, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good butter simile while demanding simple changes to complex applications that have no doubt been debated and discussed in meeting after meeting that they all keep private as they work towards the ultimate googlization of computers.

(learn more about the fate of this "Google Docs Blog Post" entitled Skype is Awesome, but not tagged with anything at Thunt.net.)

No comments:

Post a Comment