Monday, March 14, 2011

Google Maps - now with photo overlay!

Just reading about the possible discovery of the Lost City of Atlantis, and I was browsing the map for Cadiz, Spain:


I switched to street view, of course surprised and expressed to see that they've charted even EspaƱa.  I looked at what I believe to be a capitol type building:


I noticed the appearance of small photos on the building, I then hovered over one of the photos, to be surprised an amazed as the photo overlaid itself on the building, even matching the angle of the shot:


I then clicked the photo and was greeted by an entire gallery of similar photos taken by tourists at this very spot! 



Thanks again Google for making my day more magical and educational!

Update:  I don't know if I can do it justice in screen shots, but it seems like they also linked together the tourist shots so you can navigate by view, so you can see the building from different angles using the tourist shots.  Incredible!


No comments:

Post a Comment