Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gmail - new annoying bar hides my mailboxes

Again, this obsession with minimalism almost bordering on secrecy.  I still need to use the program, Google.  I still have things in my other mailboxes that I filter there.  Hiding them only makes it impossible for me to see them and makes Gmail harder to use.  You can't just hide all the settings because your graphic designer is into minimalism.

The real question is, now that I've dragged down the annoying hide your mailboxes bar (using it's invisible controls that only appeared because I hovered over it), will it come back?  So far it's sticking on this computer across multiple tabs.  We'll see what happens on my other computers.  Maybe I have to set it once per machine or perhaps it remembers across the board.  Either way, another annoying attempt to hide useful settings and program controls.  Not sure what you're doing Google.  The more features you hide from your audience, the less features they will use and the less impressed they will be with your already excellent software.

No comments:

Post a Comment