Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gmail - Chats - the case of the multiple reply buttons


A friend of mine uses talkatone on the ipod touch almost exclusively to communicate, the rest of the time he uses hand signals similar to those of the bonobo monkey. When I receive a message from him, it pops up on my google notifier. I then am sent to Gmail, where I click on Chats. The next step gets me every time:




I want to reply to him, so I click reply. The app then starts a reply in Gmail. This is not the behavior I expect, so I then try to click on the user name. Still no option to chat. Then I finally retrace my steps. notice the two reply buttons, shrug my shoulders and reply to the chat.

If I'm already in Chats, shouldn't I be defaulting to replying in chats?

And who's idea was it to have two reply buttons anyway? I can only hope he's working on his follow up, the dual send button.

No comments:

Post a Comment