Saturday, March 31, 2012

Search Persistance and Google (and iTunes) (video)




This has bothered me for a long time, and I just learned that Quicktime allows you to do really easy screen recordings, so here it is.  Me complaining about software, now with video and audio!  Enjoy!

(basically I demonstrate how Google and iTunes lose my search input and how it makes no sense to me that these companies are not interested in what the user types.  iTunes is so bad that when I search playlists and then go back to the library and search I've memorized how to really quick, select all, copy and paste, to make the program work properly.  I can't even imagine how difficult it will be to change my habits if they actually changed the program to search correctly.  And Google!  Google!  You're a search company! You used to have this down pat.  The buttons on the top have ALWAYS remembered my search input and that I am on Google, I want to keep searching!  But recently they've lost their way.  I don't know why.  I wish I could help.  Hopefully this video will do something.  Please save my search input!  Everything the user types is important.  I can't believe you don't know that or have chosen to forget.  Please remember my search input!)

No comments:

Post a Comment