Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Google Music Beta Crushes Amazon Cloud Player (but still doesn't have a way for me to clean up my library)

Google Music Beta really has it going on (if I only I could mass delete the duplicate songs and see the music I've uploaded separately) when compared to Amazon.  Features that Google has, that Amazon doesn't (and desperately needs):

- Add to Playlist is nicely done with a series of dropdown menus.

- Thumbs Up and down buttons allow me to quickly rate songs (and a Thumbs up playlist, so I can listen to good songs)

- Play count column

- Columns that sort

- Controls are a nice frame, always visible.

I really like this product and wish I could use it more (he said with Amazon Cloud playing in the background).  Right now the major problem is the dupes that were created during upload and the lack of tools to fix this problem (even a delete all would do it for me.  Then I could just re-upload without the dupes.  Really there's no multi select for anything.  Guess that's the real problem.  Seriously Beta.). Nobody wants to listen to a dupey library.

No comments:

Post a Comment